Monday, January 10, 2011

Of feet and things...

It has been a long time since I last posted so I thought I would just upload a couple of pictures I took in the last few days. Funny thing is that I just realized both of those pictures are of my feet. Haha!


See that hole in my skin? That's what happens when you are ballroom dancing for almost 2 1/2 hours straight! My good friend Logan Palmer is on BYU's International Championship winning Ballroom touring team, so I asked him if he would help me work on my technique for Cha Cha for my Social Dance 280 class. What had originally been planned as a 1 hour practice session ended up as nearly 2 1/2 hours of some of the most fun dancing I have ever done!! We worked on Cha Cha, and he taught me really advanced technique and steps, way above my current class level, but since I have danced so much before I really wanted to learn more. Then another couple came in and started playing Samba music. It has been months since I have danced Samba, so we did, and he taught me the whole routine that the beginning Latin ballroom class learns, and more fun stuff! Then that other couple turned on Rumba music, and I told Logan I have never danced Rumba but wanted to learn, so he taught me the whole routine for Rumba from the beginning Latin class as well! In just over 2 hours I learned two whole routines, lots of advanced technique, and many fast, complicated steps. He was impressed with how fast I picked everything up. He said that since I learned both the Samba and the Rumba routines, I can skip that Latin class and go on to the next level up! And he recommended that I try out for one of the teams next semester! Sweet!! :-)
So what you see in the picture is where one of the straps on my Latin ballroom heels rubs on my foot. It was rather painful, but I was having so much fun I barely noticed. Today in my dance class, however, it still hurt, even through the bandaid I put on it. Gotta toughen up my feet! 
After we practiced, I opened a fortune cookie Logan had given me from when he ate at a Chinese restaurant earlier that day. My fortune said, "All your hard work will soon be paid off." I said, "That means I'll make Touring Team, right??" Haha, I wish!!


This was taken a few hours ago when I went to take the trash out. I thought I was crazy for wearing flip flops, since it's only 15 degrees outside with quite a bit of snow on the ground, but apparently someone else is even crazier and went outside without any shoes at all!

There are many more pictures I could add, but I gotta finish this up. FHE starts soon. This is going to be a crazy week with school, homework, my job, preparing a talk for Sunday, getting my planning committee together to help me plan a week-long ward activity (every day we apply different parts of our "Personal Plan to Become Like Christ", which we were all given at Stake Conference last September), begin applying for scholarships for next year, hopefully go to the Temple with my cousin, and somewhere in there do my laundry and dishes, and maybe sleep if I can get around to it.

On another note, Happy Half-Birthday to me tomorrow!! On July 11th, 6 months from tomorrow, I will be 19! :-)

2 comments:

  1. can i just tell you how much i love and miss you dearly. glad to see all the feet pics and the ballroom stories so cute.

    ReplyDelete