Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good times from the first semester


Cosmo liked my Nauvoo Prairie Diamond ring. Some guys standing nearby said he should make it a real diamond!


A beautiful, peaceful Sunday morning at the Provo Temple. It started raining soon after this, so I got to walk home in the rain.


Some of my FHE family doesn't come to FHE (They are definitely missing out!!) so during one of our FHE's we carved pumpkins, and I carved these to give to the two apartments, one guys and one girls, who we love and miss.


Mommy, you will be proud of my bread-making skills, especially my first time completely by hand, not even an electric mixer. My roommate said they were very good, and I agree with her, if I do say so myself! The one on the left is apple cinnamon with apples, sugar, and cinnamon rolled up inside (my dad taught me how to do that), and the one on the right is plain white. They were so GOOD and our apartment smelled amazing with fresh bread!


The sunset was beautiful that day, making all kinds of pretty colors on the clouds over campus.


I opened the door to let my Home Teachers in, and this is what I see. They had used Sharpies to draw mustaches on their fingers. My FHE Brother/Home Teacher Dakota, on the left, has a mustache, and my FHE Dad/substitute Home Teacher Alex, on the right, has a soul patch. They are crazy, but what can you do, they're family...


These books are a series written by my aunt, pen name Sandra Grey! Go READ them! They are phenomenal!! The book on the right, Trespass, is the newest book in the series, and was on the Best Selling shelves in Seagull Book. If you have any questions about them please ask!


While our roommate Rachel was home for Thanksgiving, Charlee and I went Black Friday shopping for Christmas decorations. I bought this little pre-lit tree and the candy canes, and Charlee got a stocking for each of us. I also got lights to put around our windows. It feels all Christmasy in our apartment now, I love it :)


Halloween pumpkin, Thanksgiving duck (was taped to a flyer about a Thanksgiving party), and Christmas lights. We just love holidays.


Woke up this morning to an actual blanket of snow, with more falling, as opposed to our half inch we got a couple weeks ago that melted within the day. It was breathtakingly beautiful!! My first time walking to church in the snow went remarkably well too, I never slipped once in my heels. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment