Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Best Friend

In just 54 days I will be flying into the Salt Lake City airport, on my way back to Provo for my fall semester at BYU. The most exciting part of my flight? Seeing my very best friend in the airport waiting for me :-)

We met last fall, when his grandpa Pelo introduced us at my ward prayer one night. But we didn't really start hanging out until Finals week in December, which was a fun week. Trevor texted me nearly every day during Christmas break when I was home in AZ, and I could tell he liked me. It took me a while longer, till about the middle of February, to start liking him more than just a friend. We started going out in the middle of February, but we didn't really make anything "official" until the end of March/early April. 



April was a wonderful month, and we learned how much we have come to care for each other. Then at the end of April we said a tearful goodbye as I headed back home to Gilbert, AZ for the summer. 

Texting, Facebook, phone calls and Skype became our means of communication, which are great, but definitely not as good as actually being together. We had some difficult times, especially trying to get my parents to understand that I'm old enough now to have a boyfriend. My mom met him when she came to Provo to pick up my brother and me to take us home, but she wasn't able to get to know him enough to like him right away. It was very hard for both of us, but especially for me, since I was kind of stuck between my Sweetheart and my parents, trying to get them to like each other. We finally resolved the problem, and my parents are fine with our relationship now. Which makes me happy :-)

Last weekend my dad and a couple of my sisters and I went up to Provo for a family reunion, so Trevor and I got to planning some dates. We spent the whole day on Friday on Yuba Lake, boating with his family. It was such a perfect day! I love his family, and I know they love me too, which makes me really happy. We got sunburned and tanned, and had a blast! 

We were SO happy to see each other after 2 months of being apart :-)

His lovely sisters Lauren and Abby

Abby kept making a heart at Trevor and me... :-)

Me with Chelsea and Abby. I love their red hair!!

We had a little fun on the tubes :-D


Tube wars!! This was right before Haley fell off...

I love him :-)

Shark!! 

On our way back from the lake we stopped at a yummy ice cream place called Red Barn in Santaquin. It was so good! We had dinner at the McIntosh's place in Lindon, and then Trevor and I went to the Provo Temple to just walk around, one of our favorite things to do. It was so peaceful, sitting there with him, just talking. It was a wonderful night :-)

The next day Trevor worked all day, and my family went to Farmington (NOT Farmville, as I mistakenly called it one night over the phone with Trevor...he teased me quite a bit...haha) for the family reunion. I talked mainly with my cousin Austin, because the girl cousins were all talking about girly things and Austin was the only boy cousin there. It was fun, we haven't talked in forever. Five long hours later the reunion was over, and I headed back to Lindon to go on one last date with Trevor before I went back to Arizona. We went to a delicious Indian restaurant in Provo called India Palace, then went up Provo Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls, since I had never been there, and it would be lovely in the sunset before long. The hours we spent there were my favorite from the whole trip. 


Then we went back to his place in Lindon, and went with his sister Haley and a couple of their friends to get frozen yogurt, then back to my aunt and uncle's house in Provo where I was staying. Trevor came in and met my sisters Rosalie (who is basically my twin) and Katie, and my dad. 

Then it was time to say goodbye again. But this time we didn't feel sad, like we had back in April. We were both so happy from being together again for the last two days that we couldn't feel sad. We were just excited for me to come back in two months, and this time I won't leave again. I don't think I could leave him again, it has been so hard without him, loving him and missing him more and more every day. And that weekend with him was truly the happiest I have ever been! It was so wonderful :-) 

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life, who makes me want to be even better, and makes me so happy! :-)


6 comments:

  1. Of course, I love this post. You guys are so cute and I hear good lovey things about your visit from the family.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what kind of "good lovey things" have you heard? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the last photo, and I enjoyed reading about your experience. Keep me posted. You guys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so.... i'm thinking there is more to this than meets my eye. :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last photo too! We took it in April, the weekend before I went back to AZ. He edited it like that, and we both think it looks like an engagement photo, so it's not on Facebook :-P

    What do you mean, more than meets the eye? Like what? :-)

    ReplyDelete